Saturday, July 07, 2007

if you're being loved you're not doing anything

Well, things are semi-settled. That is, we've made an offer and they've accepted it. All this is subject to proof of financing and a good result on a home inspection. The only thing I'm not so pleased about is that these people really want a possession date of August 31st, while I was really hoping for August 1. The realtor says he's going to keep pushing and see if he can get us in earlier, but it looks doubtful.

Meanwhile, the realtor says he's going to keep looking just in case he can find something we like better before it all becomes final. I think this realtor is pretty sharp compared to the one we hired to sell our place. Shawn says this guy is used to making multi-million dollar deals, so we're just small potatoes to him - but he's a friend of Shawn's father so I think he's doing us a favour by helping us out. I was impressed that he wanted to keep looking even though, as far as he's concerned, his commission is now earned.

This means we're in a nice spot because the place we like is being "held" while we take another quick look around. It means the worst we're going to end up with is something we're very excited about.

*

After waiting tensely by the telephone all day it was nice to finally have an answer. I went outside for a run. It's been a long time since I've been running outside. I've been on the treadmill and the elliptical machine, mostly, and I was sort of surprised to see that the sidewalk on last leg of my run has been torn up in preparation, I think, for a widening of the road. So I had to invent a new route at the end to avoid running through muck and construction materials. The new route took me down a street I'd never been down before, which was interesting. I wonder why I always go the same way.


*

I took Puppy E with me today to the store to buy dog food and chewy treats. It's advisable, I understand, to spend one-on-one time with each dog whenever possible. It's hard to do this sometimes and I find it difficult to leave Little Puppy behind. But I think Puppy E enjoyed riding in the Element, which provides all kinds of opportunities to run back and forth and press one's moist nose against glass. I think he also enjoyed the small crowd of admirers he found inside the store who all wanted to give him treats and flatter him.

*

Shawn doesn't like it when I run at night in the dark but there are many reasons why it is better than in the daytime. Most of all, it's not so hot. The streets are quieter and therefore, as I see it, less dangerous than they are in the daytime when there's more traffic. Running at night brings me a kind of internal quiet that I can never find in the daytime.

I'm going to bed now.

*

No comments: