Wednesday, July 11, 2007

a promise made

I'm waiting for Shawn to call. He's meeting with the home inspectors this morning and then calling to let me know what they perceive as deficiencies in the house. We are anticipating the need to put up a new roof, and probably a new furnace. This is fine, as Shawn wants to install air conditioning anyway, and he wants to replace the hot water tank with some fancy thing that heats water instantly as it goes through a pump, eliminating the need for a tank at all and saving, allegedly, gobs of money on water heating costs.

Hopefully nothing else too major is wrong with the house, though I do have some concern about the small holes in the wood in the section of cedar outside the house by the master bedroom closet. Replacing a few cedar panels won't be too costly, but if this is indicative of termites or some other beasties, that could be a major thing.

*

My parents are going to the Galapagos Islands soon. I'm so glad they are enjoying their retirement in this way.

*

I have been working this morning for the first time in a long time. That makes me feel better about submitting the invoice on the 15th. At least I'll have something to put on it. We are also having a meeting with the client and all the developers this afternoon. I find these meetings difficult because everyone else is in the same room while I am on a speaker phone and can't see what's going on. I also find it difficult because I truly don't feel competent to offer much in terms of opinions about the plans for the project, being new to and inexperienced with this kind of work. I feel silly if I just sit and listen and don't contribute, but I find it hard to come up with anything intelligent to add.

*

No comments: