Saturday, July 21, 2007

t----

anyways, when i e-mailed you i was semi-hoping you were already pregnant and here's why: right after we had t----, my only regret was that we didn't have her sooner! lisa, there's never enough money, security, or a good time to start. like you, i never really wanted a baby to begin with. i didn't think the world was a good place to raise a baby. b----- and i compromised and i said i'd have one, just one. then after t----, i found myself doing the math to see how many i could fit in before the age of 40 - it was nuts!!! i can honestly say that nothing will touch your heart as much as your own precious little baby. motherhood is an absolutely amazing experience that you should venture into. lisa, you would make a wonderful mom.


My friend wrote back to me tonight and somehow this letter, more so than the first, made the gravity of this situation hit me. The truth is that she might not live through this. The truth is so scary.

Last night there was a huge fire a few blocks away from my house. I heard the explosion (it was a generator) and smelled the smoke, and then, somehow, fell back asleep. And then didn't think about it again until I went running tonight and saw the massive damage and the people gathered around on the street looking at it all. No one was killed, thank god, but many people no longer have homes.

Sometimes the world is so goddamn cold.


*


No comments: