Thursday, July 19, 2007

$129

Last night I tried to go to bed earlier so that I would feel good getting up earlier today in preparation for tomorrow's waking at 4:00am for my early flight. It was a good plan but for some reason I couldn't sleep last night.

I was thinking a lot about my old friend and rerunning scenes through my head of hundreds of different things that happened, editing them and rewriting them in my mind, and starting over again. It was after 2:00am when I finally fell asleep.

I had planned on getting up at 6:00 but when the alarm clock rang I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. It was closer to 7:30 when I finally surfaced and I'm feeling exhausted. I'd like to fast forward through this day so I can just go back to bed.

And yet there are so many things I need to do before the day's end. Sleeping will have to wait.


*

No comments: