Monday, July 23, 2007

inspired by you

My little niece is here with me for the week now. She's ten years old and doesn't know if she wants to play with dolls and toys and catch bugs, or put on makeup and go shopping for clothes. Kind of like me.

She's going to day camp during the days, which means I have time to get the work done I need to get done, but will still have enough time to spend with her in the evenings to shop, play, see movies, see theatre, go for walks, and all those important things.

In her I see a beautiful resilience, ability to flourish in difficult circumstances, and the sensitivity, that dreaded sensitivity, that will result in painful heartbreak - but also, I pray, lead her to experience deep joys as well. She is absolutely darling. I wish this world was a gentler place for her to grow in.


*

No comments: