Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ugh, the heat is showing no sign of dissipating. The news promises a slight break after Monday, and when I say break I mean it goes from 35 to 28. Hard to believe that 28 would feel cool at this point, but I think it would. Our portable air conditioner crapped out the night before last. Maybe it was working too hard, maybe it just thought it would be funny to stop working on the hottest night of the year. We've been sleeping on the futon/couches in the living room for the last two nights because it's too hot to go upstairs at all.

And through all of this, the tiling project has been continuing. We're about 2/3 done now and it's taking forever. Forever and ever and ever. Little did we know when we chose these gorgeous natural stone tiles that they'd be such a bitch to install. The thicknesses and the sizes are inconsistent, they keep cracking on the tile saw because of the natural fault lines, and they're heavy heavy heavy. They're covered in silt and every tile needs to be washed under the hose before it can come in the house. I'm sunburned, I'm exhausted, I'm HOT. I can't wait until we're done, but at this point we've slowed to a crawl because it's so hot that we can barely move.



*

No comments: