Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank

I met two old friends for dinner tonight, which was really nice. It's interesting to me how it's so easy to pick right up where we've left off with some people, and with others it just can't be done. It's rarely the way I expect it, too.

*

On the first day of class my instructor teased me about having control issues because I mentioned liking online schooling because I could control when and under what circumstances I would participate in discussions. And from there I've watched myself grow fangs and embark on a full-scale control-freak fantasy. I'm so suggestible. And now it's a running joke and I feel almost obligated to say outrageous things once in awhile just to derail the academic discussion and control everyone around me. This morning they were rolling because I said I would like to be in charge of an involuntary sterilization project. Why would I say something so demonic out loud in a masters level psychology class? Because the instructor gave me a character to play on day one. I can't believe I'm thirty-five years old and still playing class clown.


*

No comments: