Saturday, July 18, 2009

Five days left. Six, sort of, if I count to arrival instead of departure. Two assignments left. Four days of classes. Twelve hours of driving. I miss home enormously. I've been more sociable while here, and more brave, in some ways, than I've been in a very long time. All these things extend me. What if I end up somewhere unexpected?


*

We practice (malpractice) therapy on one another in the afternoons. On Friday I was paired with someone with someone I haven't worked with yet and she asked me some questions I'd not really been expecting about my career and dream jobs. And I was startled a bit by my own answers. I'm not sure if what I said matters or if it's just stuff I was spouting off so she would be able to talk me through something. I'm learning that sometimes things come up that no one was expecting. Also that talking about oneself after spending so much time listening to others can be surprisingly empowering. Maybe what I'm learning is not how to be a psychologist, but that I really ought to go into therapy.


*

No comments: