Friday, July 17, 2009

This morning a guy in one of my classes asked me to go to a football game with him tonight. It took me completely off guard and I'm still not sure if he was asking me on a date or if he was just making a friendly gesture. It was awkward and I fumbled around with it a bit sort of trying to find a way out and after a bit of that he kind of withdrew the invitation, which made me feel bad, as though I'd rejected him, which is something I'm not supposed to have to do anymore now that I'm old and married. And then another part of me thinks he must know I'm married and he was really just looking for a friend to hang out with in which case I'm a total ass for making it so weird. Sometimes it's so diificult getting through social interactions.

In the afternoon we practiced psychodrama and no one would volunteer to be the client. So I agreed to do it, and it was weird and emotionally trying, and sort of cathartic at the same time. Afterward the instructor put on a hypnotherapy CD and read a relaxation script that I didn't hear a word of because I was dozing off. This experience has been kind of surreal.



.

No comments: