Friday, July 03, 2009

a life about to start

One day more (another day, another destiny). One day filled with laundry and packing and cleaning the vehicle and mapping a route and printing school workbooks and other things that are supposed to make things easier at the other end. The thought of living with my parents for three weeks is making me ill. I don't know why. I love them a lot, I truly do. The last year of our lives as a small patchwork family has opened my eyes more and more to who they really are. And still, I almost can't stomach it, just the idea.

Yesterday we went to see Les Miserables, which was beautiful. I'm such a sucker for good live theatre, even common corporate seat-filling populars like Les Mis. It was lovely. I was in love with Enjolras who was a show stealer more so than I've ever seen that part played. Bravo.


And tonight we went to Shawn's Dad's house for summer wine. I like being close to his family. They're easier to be close to than mine.

Oh yeah, and the hummingbirds came back. Happy!

No comments: