Monday, July 13, 2009

But you're real enough to me

Week two is underway and I've finished both group projects that are due this week. I tried to choose people who seemed proactive and motivated when picking partners. I think it was mostly successful. Of corse it'll be swipe before we get marks back but I'm satisfied that we've done reasonably well.

I still haven't called Jesse though I've promised to do so tomorrow. I've been making it all too big in my head so tomorrow I'm just going to stop being a fool and talk to him. Use my newfound skill of choosing to opt out of subjects I don't want to talk about if necessary.

RM invited me to a party but I think I'm too antisocial to go.

Jenny wants to get together again before I go back. That I want to do. And I've arranged dinner with 2 friends from where I used to teach. What I should do is call Dodo but I probably won't.

I read Girl, Interrupted on Sunday. I wasn't impressed at all. Not sure if it's the DSM-V that makes me want to call bullshit or if it's just my own experiences in dealing with a BPD patient. Maybe both. I just want to say that the unreliable narrator is far less cool as a literary technique when the narrator is actually a wingnut. The author, that is. Maybe I'm just tired of being jerked around by someone else's diagnosis.

Anyway. Real enough to me.



.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I read it years ago and came to the same conclusion. Hope your trip leaves you feeling successful and you get some closure on some of the old stuff. I think you should call Dodo, I think a visit would be good for you. Love Ya!

mischief said...

Hey you. Good to hear from you! You okay?

Ellen said...

Hangin in there. It way past due time for one of our famous chats. Maybe when you get back and things settle down (yeah right) a little for both of us, we can get together and laugh at nothing again.
Love you