Thursday, September 25, 2008

I had my doubts.

Tomorrow our lawyer - and a second lawyer who is training with her - are going in to court on our behalf to ask a judge to grant us interim custody of Little J until the real court case happens. They have been cautiously optimistic but there's still some uncertainty as to whether the court will be willing to hear it in our jurisdiction. I went to their office after work to sign some paperwork and asked, while I was there, if I should be in court with them tomorrow morning. They said there is no advantage to being there and more often these things are discussed between judges and lawyers without anyone else present. So I'm going to work.

This is actually a good thing because it sounds like it's going to involve a whole lot of sitting around and waiting and I'd probably bite my nails down the knuckles while waiting. By going to work at least my mind will be occupied. Not only that, but tomorrow is a professional development day at school which means I might have time to get some work done.

I'm nervous about all of this. I really hope it goes in our favour because if it doesn't, it's going to launch a huge battle.


*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you. Here's to the process being easy and calm.

Ellen said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts, and sending you all my love. I miss you and wish I was with you to hold your hand through all this.

mischief said...

Thanks you two. Things went well today... your good vibes must've helped.