Wednesday, September 10, 2008

because you're mine

This morning we met briefly with Little J's teacher to discuss her situation and explain what's going on in her life. The teacher is just fantastic and has a great read on the situation and insight into what Little J is experiencing and how she is reacting. I was impressed and I am so pleased that she got placed with such a compassionate and competent teacher.

*

Today my assistant principal told me that since the other teacher is sick and there are more blocks of Drama than teacher time to cover them, I may have the option to work during my spare and get paid at 114% salary. Comparing this with the situation that existed a short time ago is absolutely ridiculous. It never rains but it pours, right?

*

Shawn starts his new job on October 1st and he celebrated today by buying himself an iPhone. I can't say I understand why this gadget is worth the bill or the hype that accompanies it, but he's very happy with it, and that makes me happy. I love it when he's happy about things.

*

Big J decided to buy us a gift (to thank us for letting him stay here rent free) and bought a Wii Fit which is a video game that takes the player through an exercise/training program. It looks like a lot of fun and Little J is excited about it. A few weeks ago Big J also bought us "Rock Band", another game that Little J has been enjoying enormously.

*

I am tired. I'm going to bed early.


*

No comments: