Wednesday, September 03, 2008

don't waste your time on me

Yesterday I asked Little J to give me five days of going to school every day before giving up on the idea of having friends. She said she would, reluctantly, and I promised her that if she didn't have friends by then that we'd have a serious meeting to consider the options. I have no idea what I meant when I said that, and I have no idea WHAT I would have done if after five days she had not made friends. But thank god, when we were driving home this afternoon she told me it had been a good day and she'd made not one, but NINE new friends. Hallelujah, I'm so relieved. I think I might be even happier about that than she is.

C is still threatening to take her back and move elsewhere, and I have no idea what is the right thing to do. I'm trying to play it casual and have been telling her to just go ahead and do whatever she wants (knowing full well that we'll have to fight that) but it's not easy. I want to blow up, I want to stop answering the phone, I want to cut off all communication whatsoever. It's hard to always be trying to do the right thing for someone else when I just want to be selfish.

My own day was pretty good. I taught all the classes and now I have only to wait and see if the other teacher comes back. Right now he's saying he plans to return next week. The staff doesn't seem to think this is likely. Myself, I have no idea what to think.





*

No comments: