Saturday, September 20, 2008

dramas

Visiting with C today was a nightmare. We made a plan to go to the first recovery home she was kicked out of to pick up some of her belongings that she forgot there when she left. On the way there in the vehicle we talked about the upcoming custody case. My plan was to tell her how to win: that she needed to get focused on recovery so that she could prove she was drug-free and able to provide a safe home for Little J. She wouldn't even listen. Instead, she became hysterical, screaming and sobbing and howling at me.

She calmed down when we arrived at the recovery centre long enough to go in and ask for her things. The staff member there told us that her things had been given away because they'd sat there so long that they'd gotten rid of them. C said she had spoken to the director of the centre who had promised the things would be there. The staff member told us the director hadn't even been in the building at the time C claimed to have spoken to her. C handled this by curling up in a ball in the hallway and sobbing some more while residents of the house stared in amazement.

On the way home, she railed and sobbed some more, and then demanded to know why I wouldn't buy her some more cigarettes, take her for coffee, or by her new shoes to replace the ones that she had lost. I dropped her off and told her I didn't want to hear from her again.

I don't think it's likely I'll be able to stick to that because I can't help having sympathy for her. Because I love her. But for now, I need a break.

When we dropped Little J off for her visit tonight I had Shawn walk her to the door.

I'm still concerned she will run. But I think it's unlikely given her financial situation. It's a scary thing. I hope this gets resolved soon.


*

No comments: