Friday, May 02, 2008

some of the ones

I wrote P a second email telling him that he must never do what he did ever again and that I felt what he had done was a violation of trust.  

It was what I should have said yesterday when he phoned me to apologize or when he came to apologize in person.  Instead, feeling put on the spot, I tried to be nice about it.  

But being nice about it made me feel angry all day today knowing that I should have just told him the truth.  What he did was wrong and foolish, and cost me and the kids a lot of extra work -  I shouldn't have been protecting him from that, lest he think it was acceptable after all.  

So I sent him an email.  I don't have any other contact information and if I did, I still think I would have chosen email because I'm better in writing than I am in person.  (In writing I can think about what I want to say first and make sure I phrase it just right.)  But I feel like I still took a step toward my goal of being a more assertive person.  Saying what I mean and stating it clearly, not couched in niceties, is a good start... ...  even if it's in writing.



*


No comments: