Monday, May 19, 2008

if this is a race then I hope you come last

It was raining lightly in the morning and so we decided to make the trip anyway, thinking perhaps the weather would improve throughout the day.  Instead it worsened and by the time we arrived it was pouring.  The trip took 2.5 hours instead of the hour and a half we'd anticipated, this partly because of all the highway construction in preparation for the 2010 Olympics, and partly because of all the travellers with the same bright idea.  

Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable day in most ways.  The drive was very pretty even in the rain and even moving at half the expected speed.  Our walk through the town was still nice in spite of having to dash from awning to overhang to stay somewhat dry.  And lunch was good.  So it wasn't a wasted day, certainly no more so than it would have been had we decided to stay home and be vegetables.

*

I've been reading about sexual paraphilias in my psychology textbook and struggling (as I always do) to avoid diagnosing myself along with everyone I have ever known.  It's an especially interesting chapter so far and I was particularly interested with the information about Kellogg, the same Kellogg who the cereal is named for, who created healthy grain breakfasts to help people reduce their consumption of meat - which he declared was known to increase the desire to masturbate - and replace it with an antimasturbatory alternative.  (This, of course, because masturbation was proven to lead to insanity.)  Good stuff.

*

I'm pretty sure that puppy E is allergic to something.  And now that I've seen what allergy symptoms in a dog look like I realise I was totally wrong about Little Puppy.  Puppy E has itchy red ears and itchy red feet he is perpetually biting at.  I think we need to take him to see the vet again.  

*


2 comments:

Ellen said...

two words..white vinegar. Seriously..it does wonders for the ears as Sadie-girl can confirm. dilute it a little bit then squirt it in and massage. And as always ACIDOPHOLUS!!!

Love you and hope you are okay..please let me know.

mischief said...

Hehe! Well Puppy D and Little Puppy are greatly enjoying licking the vinegar off Puppy E. Weird creatures. Love ya too kid... when will I find you again?