Wednesday, May 28, 2008

passing me by

This day was supposed to be a day to relax and also to get some work done for my course.

Instead I spend hours on the phone with my messed up family trying to mediate some solutions to the nightmare that never ends.  And then goes on a little longer.  I struggled to get homework done between phone calls, with Shawn semi-patiently waiting because I needed to record his voice answering my insipid questions.  

I finally got the recording made around 8:00pm, a mere twelve hours after I started trying to work on it.  Unbelievable.  I got nothing done on the paper I'm supposed to be writing.  Not a word.

And now I'm stressed to the hilt once again about what's going to happen - whether C will be left to die on the streets, whether Shawn and I will end up becoming parents out of the blue, whether Social Services will ever actually do their job.  It's exhausting, it's exasperating.  And I'm too far away to do anything other than listen to them all bitch about each other.  



*

1 comment:

Ellen said...

~tight tight hugs~ I'm holding your hand and thinking of you and wishing I could be there to help.

I think maybe we need to plan a get together. We keep missing each other it seems.

remember i love ya!