Thursday, May 22, 2008

can't say that I am sorry for all my many sins

Friday tomorrow, hallelujah.  I'm finished the sex-chapter in the psychology book and ready to read the chapter on schizophrenia.  Hoping I can write the test on Sunday.  Maybe do some reading on Saturday night if the sailing isn't too exhausting.  I am flying through this course really quickly and with really good marks.  In the other course I am somewhat stalled.  I have an assignment in which I have to interview someone on camera to demonstrate my ability to ask open-ended questions and phrase declarative probes correctly.  Ugh.  I am planning to interview Shawn, who is perhaps the most uncooperative subject in the entire universe.  Seriously, he's such a pest.  Ah, love.

*

Shawn has a job interview today for another company who he thinks he would rather work for.  He decided not to go to New Zealand, and I'm relieved.  Now that we're here it makes it possible for him to job-hop as much as he wants, playing on the fact that his skill set is very much in demand and he has developed quite a reputation in the industry.  Sometimes I try to imagine what the world would be like if teachers operated that way, if we weren't just simply overjoyed when the school buys us a carafe of coffee.  It's quite something to ponder it.

*

No comments: