Sunday, February 17, 2008

we've got all the time in the world

The weather has turned abruptly springlike.  J says the flowering purple thing in our yard is an azalea, but having looked at pictures of other azalea plants, I'd have to say I don't think that's what it is.  I have no idea what it might be, however.  I just can't believe it exists in February in the first place.

We let the puppies outside for the first time this season, and they were predictably delighted to be charging through the mud and eating leaves and pulling up moss.  Their rampage was slightly terrifying because they were so excited that they ran so fast I truly feared them having a head-on collision that would result in serious injury.  Fortunately everyone made it back inside safely, and D managed to bring an enormous clump of moss in his teeth, with thick crumbly black dirt attached.  He chose to do this, of course, immediately after I vacuumed the living room floor.

With the house vacuumed (twice) and filled with fresh air from outside and the windows letting in bright sunshine, today seems optimistic about its future.  

*

No comments: