Tuesday, February 12, 2008

i will try not to sing out of key

Oops, I forgot about the fact that the server that held my profile picture was shutting down.  I'm not sure I saved my eyeball anywhere else... so maybe I'll need to find a new picture?  Or maybe I don't care that I don't have a picture.

*

I'm supposed to be going for dinner with some women from work and I'm having trouble convincing myself to bother going.  It's so difficult once I get home to leave again.  I get all snuggled up with the pups, looking forward to Shawn coming home, and the idea of leaving just doesn't make sense.  On the other hand, it's my first invitation and if I skip out, they may not invite me again.  So what do I really want here?  I want to be able to split myself in half so one Lisa can be here with the family and the other one can go and be sociable.  Well, while I'm splitting myself anyway, I may as well go in thirds so another one can go to the gym and work out for me.

*

We made it to the gym yesterday, which I didn't expect.  In an effort to ensure I would go even if Shawn changed his mind, I went immediately after school.  When Shawn got home in the evening and said he wanted to go after all, I didn't want to discourage him, so I went a second time.  First time I did cardio, second time weights.  It was a good day for exercise.

*

I had a terrible sleep last night, thanks to three insane dogs who seemed to feel that they would like to start a marching band that would run through the middle of the bed every fifteen minutes or so for several hours.  All night long it seemed there was an endless parade of tails, feet, and tongues making their way across my face.  Sigh.  Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with us, letting these pups into our bed.  In between marching band sets, Shawn filled the silence with snoring.  (Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with me, letting this man into my bed.)  Tonight I am hoping I can get to bed earlier and get some rest.

*

No comments: