Thursday, February 07, 2008

i couldn't get to sleep at all

Today I got the final copy of my teaching evaluation and it's really good.  If it doesn't help me keep this job, it will at least ensure I can find another one.  My AP is trying to get me to transfer over some credentials that might make it easier for me to keep the job... if she sets it up so I'm teaching Drama plus something else.  The idea is that this would prevent other people with more seniority in the district from bumping me.  Sneaky.  But I'm not so sure I want to teach something else.  Yuck.

*

I spent part of the day tracking down people who would be willing and able to write me a reference letter to get in to the program I want to start next year.  My current AP said she would be willing, and I also have a previous Curriculum Leader with whom I am still in contact.  Now I need one more.  I sent an email to the Associate from when I worked at the University, thinking that her PhD would look nice in my list... but haven't heard back yet.  If I can't get ahold of her, I'll have to find my old principal.  The rules about who can provide a reference are sticky, which is odd in light of how non-stringent some of the other application requirements seem to be.


*

Things at work are going well.  Too well.  I wonder if something horrible is about to happen.  The kids have become far too compliant and pleasant for me trust them.  Are they secretly plotting my untimely demise?  At least I'll die happy.


*

No comments: