Tuesday, February 05, 2008

never a breath you can afford to waste

My course textbooks arrived in the mail today and I am now looking forward to getting started.  I love being a student.  My inner nerd is drooling.

*

Day two of the new semester was good.  I have been extremely proactive with the one class that I suspected might be problematic, behaviour-wise, and I think the right tone is being set successfully.  It's a lot of work in the beginning to intercept every single thing that isn't right - but it pays off in the long run.  I had one girl give me some attitude about putting a can of pop in her locker instead of leaving it on the stage floor - we had a small face off, and though I'm really NOT a person who likes to power struggle, it was definitely necessary to win this one, so I puffed myself up big and she backed off and did what I said before it got too ugly.  Phew, I hate stuff like that.


*


Things feel like they're falling into place properly.  I feel safe.


*

No comments: