Monday, November 26, 2007

how can I fall?

Staff meeting today after school. Wow, why are staff meetings always so insipid? Listening to people bicker over things that don't pertain to me or interest me in any way does not inspire me to feel more a part of the community or more ownership over the final decisions that are made. And because I teach Drama I can't even bring my work with me and mark during the meetings like other teachers do.

*

The vet called to give me some results from Little Puppy's blood work and urinalysis. Some of the numbers were a bit out of whack, which isn't surprising given the symptoms we have concern over, but there is no definite diagnosis at this stage, just a direction in which to move with more tests. I am fervently hoping that whatever is going on, it can be managed. I want her to be healthy.


*

I am considering enrolling in a Masters program again. The last Masters coursework I did was interesting and definitely lead me to want to do more of it. This time I want the whole program, though, not just a course. The frustrating thing is that because certification works differently here than it does at home, even completing another degree might not satisfy my "outstanding course requirements". Strangely enough, in spite of having two undergraduate degrees, this province thinks I need more education to get a permanent certificate.

Well, the MUST part of it annoys me because I've successfully taught for eight years without it - but taking courses is something I enjoy so that part of it is just fine. It's just that I want to take courses I find interesting and not the boring stuff I'm told to in this letter.

I'm writing to them for approval on my Masters courses, but I have my doubts that they will consider them acceptable.

*

Many of my students are Sikh and I am interested in the history of the dastaar and have been reading about it. I am surprised by what I have learned particularly where the technological/scientific reasons for it come in. I find religion fascinating.

*

No comments: