Monday, October 08, 2007

Thanks


Thanksgiving today, which is the best food holiday in my opinion. We're going to the in laws' (again) and this time I am firmly resolved not to have any alcohol because I have to work tomorrow.

I am supposed to be doing something with C this afternoon and am having trouble getting in touch with her. I accidentally deleted the email in which she gave me her home phone number awhile ago, and we ended up recycling the cardboard moving box on which I wrote it. I emailed her this morning and for some reason it bounced back to me, but I only got it back just a few minutes ago and now it's almost noon. I tried again - and at this point I'm half hoping we can just reschedule because I feel lazy. (As usual.)

*

I have a lot of things to be thankful for, and I am. For our families and for our collective good health, and for our growing closeness. For our safety and our warm home and the opportunities to share with those we love. For a secure and loving marriage, for my best friend, my lover and companion - someone I not only love, but also respect, admire and enjoy. For everything. I know I am blessed.


*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!