Friday, October 19, 2007

Shawn's grandmother died early this morning. She was quite elderly and had been suffering with pneumonia for awhile - so it wasn't unexpected - but no matter how prepared you might be, being awoken at 5:00am with the news that someone you love is gone is always hard.

He's driving his father to the airport this morning, who's flying back to be with his father. (Longevity runs in Shawn's family. This was the first grandparent he has lost.)

And for me, today is a professional day, but not the kind with any sort of directed activities, the kind where you're supposed to find something to do on your own that will professionally develop you. I asked (half-jokingly) if it was okay to stay at home and read - and to my surprise I was told it was fine. It really beats the hell out of going to a conference, at least at this point, because networking doesn't interest me and I want to be here for Shawn when he gets home.



*

2 comments:

Brat said...

~hugggggggggggggggss to my Lisa and my Shawn~

I'm thinking og you both and I love you

Anonymous said...

No, it's never easy, is it?
Peace to you~