Monday, October 15, 2007

speaking words of wisdom

This morning Shawn forgot to put the coffee grinds into the coffee maker and made us a nice pot of hot water. Then, upon realizing his mistake, he decided (for reasons known only to himself) to pour that boiling hot water back into the water container and try to make coffee with it a second time. And just like that, the new coffee maker no longer works.

This is the second coffee maker to go the way of all coffee makers in a very short period of time. We are going to go back to the store to see if it can be returned or repaired, but somehow I think we're out of luck here, especially since it says, specifically, in the instruction manual, NOT to pour hot water into the machine. The weird thing is that Shawn knew that, and had one of those strange moments that I frequently have, where he did it anyway, ignoring all along the little voice in his head saying, Don't do it, don't do it! Though I'm sad to lose this particular coffee maker which I was rather fond of, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things I know I shouldn't.


*

No comments: