Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Who could hang a name on you?

Moving here in 2005 was a little bit scary. It meant giving up my "career" and taking a chance on not being able to find another one. It meant leaving behind my family and my friends trusting enough in my husband to be completely financially dependent on him.

As we stand on the brink of another big move I don't feel nearly so frightened as I did the last time. I've already proven to myself that I can start a new career. I can stay in touch with friends and family from anyplace. And it's safe to rely on Shawn.

I shouldn't be thinking like this already. Maybe he won't get the job. Maybe he won't want the job. But somehow I feel like we're already halfway to the Pacific.


*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are stronger and wiser now than you were then. You can handle whatever happens, Pacific ocean or no.

Also, I like you.