Sunday, May 27, 2007

the Pack.

Shawn's father is leaving this afternoon. He's been with us since Thursday. We've watched movies and consumed red wine and talked and shopped and had fun. In line at the coffee shop I asked the barista for "the same as Dad". My reason for it was simply to be clear who I was speaking about - not wanting to end up with the same drink as someone else - but Shawn and his father were so delighted by this I felt I had done something exceptionally clever. He came with us while we bought the new vehicle.

I think living near him and his wife will be a good thing for us if it all works out. We've never been very family-oriented people, never living close enough to the family while feeling so inclined. We might all be in the right place to do so now.

*

No comments: