Monday, May 28, 2007

reminds me that I long to be


Shawn says if we move to Vancouver that it will be warm enough in the summer to have a koi pond in the yard. I guess they'd have to live inside in the winter though. I love koi fish; they're so pretty. When we unpack I'm going to paint them.

*


I think about some of the things I've done as being on par with sticking a knife in the toaster. It's the kind of thing everyone knows you're not supposed to do and no one ever thinks that they will do something so dumb. Except when the toast gets stuck you suddenly just do it without thinking, or if you are thinking you're just thinking, It'll be fine. I'll be careful. But most likely you're not thinking at all - and then you get zapped. Now that I recognize how dangerous it is for real, I'm less likely to do it again.


*

No comments: