Sunday, March 04, 2007

people resourcing

Sunday. We were blatantly robbed when the weather turned from warm and slushy (Shawn even wore shorts yesterday!) to the cold icy grey day that presented itself this morning. Spring is not coming yet.

-

We saw a movie on Friday night called "The Number 23". I was expecting good things, having come to really appreciate Jim Carrey as a real actor as opposed to a face-making-clown after seeing "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". In fact I was so certain it would be good that I pressured Shawn and his friend O. to see it instead of "Ghost Rider", a movie, allegedly, about demons that rode motorcycles. How could it be worse than that? I think it might have been. I'm not giving up on Jim Carrey just yet because I think it was the script and direction that were horrible rather than the actors... but I thought this movie was just god awful.

I hate it when a movie starts out strong and makes you interested and then slowly and painfully becomes increasingly stupid, boring, and insipid. By the time the last strains of melodramatic music floated through the theatre and the last tear stained actress had poured her heart out I was considering jumping out a sixth story window like the girl in pink. Shawn and O. were not pleased with me. Neither was I.

-

Shawn and the pups are still abed. I think I will go out and get some breakfast for them to wake up to.


-

No comments: