Sunday, April 27, 2008

when did i ever say to you

This is one of the giants on Easter Island.  These are the inspiration for our little stone lawn man.  The difference (aside from size) is that our little lawn guy has a birdbath on his head.  

Easter Island is off the coast of Chile in the South Pacific.  One day I want to go to Easter Island to see the giants myself.  

*

Shawn received a job offer from a very major and successful company in New Zealand.  He turned it down right away before we even talked about it because he doesn't want to live apart again and moving there together is problematic.  (We have two houses = two mortgages, the pups would have to be quarantined for SIX MONTHS, he wanted to live near his father who is here, my career here has just started to happen, etc etc...)

And yet.  I asked him to take more time and think about it more carefully.  I don't want him to miss something that could be an amazing life experience simply because he thinks he can't.  I believe if he really wants this opportunity we will be able to find a way to make it happen.  I wonder if I shouldn't have said that because now he seems stressed out thinking about the variables, but I would just hate for him to miss something that could be the experience of a lifetime.  

I'm not sure what I want him to decide.  Because my own feelings about it are conflicting.  But I'm going to support whatever he wants to do.  Because I love him.

*

No comments: