Friday, April 11, 2008

turn on the word

I have a headache.  I think I might have caught J's cooties.   So far my throat isn't hurting though, so maybe not.  Maybe it's just a Friday-afternoon-after-a-long-week headache.  J is on his way back to his sister's again for the weekend and I'm kind of glad because he's been hanging out here with a girlfriend the last two days and being the antisocial type that I am, I'm finding it tiring having to make conversation and be chatty when I'd rather lie down on the couch with a blanket and doze.  And just be alone until Shawn gets home.  I think I forgot, when I was forecasting that living with J would be easy, that we would also be living with whoever else he felt like bringing home.  (It isn't that there's anything wrong with the girlfriend at all.  Just that I'm a weirdo who likes being alone a LOT.)  Anyway, he's off to his sister's for the weekend and then to Europe for six weeks, so life will be pretty quiet again, at least for awhile.

*

Today was pretty crazy at school.  In addition to the usual Friday crazies, today was "Asia Day" in our multicultural week... and there was a big bhangra blowout on the stage.  Afterward, the student (and staff) organizers didn't bother to put anything away, leaving me and my afternoon classes the honour of putting away their stuff.  That kind of stuff is irritating when it's kids... but much more annoying when it's adults.  The performances, ignoring the aftermath, were amazing.

*






No comments: