Friday, April 25, 2008

Can't stop, addicted to the shindig

Last night I went for dinner and to see a play with a woman from work.  The show was a high school play directed by the Drama teacher at the high school nearest ours, and it was quite amazing.  By contrast, my slapdash productions seem really lame, and my suspicion that I suck is pretty much confirmed.  Of course this production was a team effort between Drama, Dance, Band, and Choir teachers -- and I am my own little battle station.  I used to try and convince the band guy at my old school to do shows like this with me and he never wanted to have his band stuck playing music that he didn't specifically like and select himself.  I don't really think, when I look at how much work is involved in putting something like that together, that I want that kind of responsibility.

*

Today was Soup Day and I was in charge of bringing the soup.  I made cheddar cheese and broccoli soup and it actually turned out pretty well.  When I tasted it right after it was made, I wasn't particularly pleased with it.  In fact if I'd had more time I would have poured it out and started over again with something else.  But I was pressed for time and decided to go ahead and serve it.  And for some strange reason it tasted a lot better reheated than it did when it was fresh.  Weird.  I'm relieved it was edible after all.

*

I still haven't cracked the spine on my instruction manual for the sailing course, and this weekend I need to do some serious studying for both Psychology courses.  I need to write another quiz before the weekend is out and if I could manage two I'd be in better shape yet.  I'm so glad it's the weekend...


*

No comments: