Wednesday, April 11, 2007

we can work it out

It seems like ages ago, now, that we went home to visit. Seeing M & C's babies looking all grown up was so weird. Hard to believe we've been here so long that we could have missed so much. T and M were also there with their baby; again, it was with disbelief that I looked at this little person realizing that the last time I'd seen these people there was no baby. No plan for a baby. No hope for a baby. A was there (as usual) and J-without-N the way things are now. He looked so tired and sad. No hug could be long enough or big enough or warm enough. But I wanted not to let go of him. I wanted to bring him home with us.

*

Shawn is receiving job offers from various companies around the world. He's just listening to the offers right now ... and then we'll decide whether we want to go, and if so - where, once all the information has been presented.

I'm greedily imagining myself enjoying life in a climate where puppies can walk outside year round... and puppies' Mamas can jog outside even in January. A climate where margaritas are always a good idea.

I love Canada. But I could definitely enjoy some serious travel.

*

No comments: