Monday, April 23, 2007

many things

Things are finally winding down with the university and their practicum term is nearly over. That means soon I won't need to go a'visiting on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. What will I do with all my time? Maybe I'll start packing for the move.

The move is starting to seem a lot more real. Yesterday we did a walk-through, legitimate this time, with the guy who sold us the house. They haven't started the finishing work yet so is still much to be done, but he says he thinks it's down to two months or so now.

We celebrated that by going and picking out our new appliances. I was amazed to see how much more ridiculously fancy appliances have gotten since we last did this. I hadn't expected them to change so much in such a short time... but they really had. The dishwasher is my favourite, because it has two completely separate tiers that can be washed simultaneously or just one at a time. Perfect for the two of us because we don't really make enough dishes to run the whole dishwasher sometimes... but this way dirty dishes don't stand around so long. I love it. (Wow, how greedy. I washed dishes by hand for so many years I would have laughed at this girl getting excited over dishwashers...)

Shawn is suddenly thinking he might want us to keep the house we live in currently and try to rent it out rather than sell it. I can definitely see how this would be advantageous in the long run, but the idea of sorting out all the details to get it set up makes my brain hurt. He's calling our mortgage people today to find out if it can be done. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for.

Today I have only three students to visit and lots of script work. Time to get dressed. It's been a great luxury to stay pajamaed this morning until 8:10.


*

No comments: