Thursday, December 07, 2006

northwesterly

I had to do some real liaising today. I wasn't looking forward to it. Being a pretty non-confrontational person, I really dislike being around conflict. But I think I handled it okay and managed to smooth the ruffled feathers on all sides. It involves a kind of diplomacy that I am good at, and comfortable with ... so by focusing on pleasing everyone (my specialty) it actually seemed to work out pretty well with all parties feeling soothed enough to carry on for the last week.

What I wasn't prepared for was the news that one of my student-teachers was being sexually harrassed by a female staff member. That takes a level of conflict resolution where kissing booboos isn't going to cut it. He doesn't want to pursue any action (of course) but I am doing what I can to support him while he deals with his frustration and anger. What a strange world.

Glad there's only one more day until the weekend. During the week, Shawn and I are back to being ships that pass in the night.

"Oh hi baby, when did you get home?"
"I'm just on my way out,"
"Love you, bye,"
"Loveyoubye."



*

No comments: