Thursday, December 14, 2006

antirobe aquadrops

Little Puppy looks strange. Her cheeks are swollen and puffy in places from the trauma of having had teeth extracted, and at the same time, her cheeks are kind of sunken in other places because there's no more teeth holding them in the right place. She seems cheerful though in spite of it all, a lot more cheerful than I'd be if I had a bunch of teeth pulled out the day before. Shawn says that maybe since her mouth was so infected it actually hurts less now instead of more, having had all that work done. It's possible. That makes me kind of angry and kind of sad, to think she might have been in pain all this time and we didn't know, and none of the vets we saw over the last two years said anything about it. I hope that she'll feel good now, anyway.

This morning when I got in my car and prepared to back out of my driveway I realised there was a mountain of snow, literally neck-deep, blocking my exit. In his infinite wisdom, the mayor has finally decided to have the snow removed from the residential streets - this after weeks and weeks of people complaining about their cars being stuck and being unable to get to work. Of course they decided to clear the street during morning rush hour, at precisely 8:00am as every car in the neighbourhood tried to back out of their driveway. Fortunately, a man in a Bobcat took pity on my plight and dug me a small hole to escape through.

After that, it was a pretty good day. I spent the morning in a junior high doing "social dance", the most hated of all Phys.Ed. requirements by junior high boys the world over. They were nice kids, though. The man I was working with was odd and seemed to have a hard time keeping things under control. I resisted the temptation to bust out my pad of paper and start evaluating him on behalf of the university. The school offered me more work for next week, undoubtedly based upon my outstanding ability where it comes to The Bird Dance.

In the afternoon I went to visit all my student teachers and collect their final evaluations. I was annoyed that two of them had forgotten (they're worse than the junior high kids, some of them!) and didn't have them ready to go. Because these official documents require my signature on them in order for these students to graduate with their degrees, I don't think I'll worry too much about what they decide to do. I'll let them contact me and figure out how to solve their own problems. As far as I'm concerned, they can drive to my house to get my signature, and they'd better bring their own pens.


*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not that im jealous of yoor mountains and mountains of snow or anything but...can I have some...Pleeeeeeese. I mean theres yoo with too much and theres me with none. So if we evened it all out we'd all be happy right?
And im glad yoor puppy is getting better. :)

mischief said...

I think the nice man with the Bobcat might be willing to move a few bucketfulls to the UK. You are welcome to have as much as you want! :)

(I gave Puppy your message. She wants to know if you'll come for dinner.)