Saturday, December 09, 2006

museum.

I used to want my life to be exciting. It was exciting. I had lots of friends and lots of things to do and I went a lot of places and rarely slept. Now I'm so happy when things are slow and simple and boring. I love my life this way.

We made it to Pilates this morning, and even registered to take the next level up when this session is done. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing it wrong, especially afterward when Shawn tells me that he feels exhausted and I don't. I think it's because he's managing to isolate the right muscle groups and work them more effectively than I am. So I'm not totally convinced that I'm ready to go up a level... but I hope so.

It feels like things are starting to normalize. I don't feel as stressed out or as sad the last few days. I think I'm adjusting, even as part of me doesn't want to.

We got our property assessement from the realtor and found out, amazingly, that our new house is going to cost less than we can sell the current one for. That's because we locked down a price just before the city experienced a huge boom... and so somehow through dumb luck and good timing we are going to be in a nice position at the end of the transition. Of course Shawn is making plans for all kinds of stupid electronics.... and I will negotiate with him at a ratio of one electronic dollar to five savings dollars.

We're going out with R&G tonight, a thing I'm always ambivalent about. I like them, but I find them tiring, somehow. I don't really know why that is that some people drain energy and some people provide energy. I know a lot of people who I find draining, and only a very small number who do the reverse.

Before then I want to finish my book. And get organized for work next week.


*

No comments: