Wednesday, November 29, 2006

getting a heartbeat

I'm trying to think of something nice I can do for Shawn to show him how much I appreciate him.

I think I've been completely impossible to live with the last month or so. On the weekend, I made him drive us back home through the horrible snow so that I could take my niece out for lunch on her birthday... and on Monday night I made him drive again through the horrible snow to take Little Puppy to the vet because I was worried about something that turned out to be pretty much nothing. Add to that, that I've not been contributing much to upkeep of our home lately, and I've been bursting into tears every time he says anything to me, and I think he's getting close to earning a sainthood. I don't really know how to show him how much I appreciate how strong he's been for me lately while I've been such a wreck. I tell him all the time but it doesn't seem like enough. Not nearly enough.

I'm trying to start being more useful around here again, and tonight I will have dinner for him when he gets home for the first time in as long as I can remember. That's all I've come up with to start, but I'm going to keep thinking about it. I don't want him to think that I haven't noticed or appreciated everything.


*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A massage? A little gift? Flowers? Is there something he really likes that you don't? Or maybe something he likes doing with you, especially?

mischief said...

Yes yes yes, thank you. Thank you, also, for the secret key. I'm enchanted.