Friday, November 07, 2008

I want more fans, you want more stage


Shawn bought Little J a game called
"Little-Big-Planet" and it's absolutely
hilarious.

They play it together and giggle and scream and bicker and cheer. It's the funniest thing ever.

I want more of that kind of thing in our lives and less of the drama.


*

Tonight C called and blathered at me for awhile. Suddenly she wants to get an A&D counsellor and make some big changes in her life. If she'd said this stuff a few months back I'd probably have danced around and hugged myself with happiness to hear she was going to change. But now it's November and we've just been through a Supreme Court battle in which we were maligned and accused of all kinds of horrors. The fact that the judge threw it out, believed us, ruled in our favour doesn't really matter. Because I'm bitter.

I don't believe anything C tells me anymore, good or bad. She says whatever she thinks she needs to say to get whatever she wants. She said, for crying out loud, that we were probably kidnappers who were likely to take her child and flee to Seattle to escape the Canadian court system - as though our mortgage, careers, family and friends don't do anything to keep us here. The more ridiculous the accusation the better.

What's my point? I'm not sure. Maybe just that I don't buy it anymore. I don't buy it and I don't care.


*

No comments: