Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'll follow you into the dark

C is suddenly reasonable again. Now she wants to go back to rehab and start the process over. I can never tell whether she means what she says or if she just thinks she's found another shortcut. I can't get excited and hop around for joy and hug her even though she's saying the right things. All I can do is nod and hope she means it this time. In all honesty I'm not very optimistic that she will follow through with what she says because she never has... but kind of like quitting smoking, you only have to mean it once. So I'm still offering my approval, my support of her plan.

I am doing this in spite of everything because I still want her to get better. I can't turn my back on her when she's doing and saying the right things, even if she doesn't mean them.

So let's close our eyes and make a wish that something will be different this time.


*

No comments: