Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Maybe we always saw right through each other anyway.

Today I attended the first half of a conference on Restorative Justice. The second half is on Thursday.

Although our circumstances are different than the standard types of victimization described in the program, I still found myself nodding in agreement when it was brought forth that our justice system leaves the victims far removed from the process and provides them no feeling of comfort or closure at the end of the proceeding. It is a cold and depersonalized process in which no one seems to benefit. I am hoping I will have the opportunity to use what I have learned both in practice and in my upcoming Masters program. I have begun to fear I cannot manage the workload while parenting an eleven year old girl and trying to keep myself mentally and emotionally safe from C.


*

No comments: