Thursday, May 23, 2013

step

Today there was another step in the Crazy Sue Saga.  I met with the HR Manager who came out to interview me about my complaint.  I found the interview redundant in that I merely repeated all the things I had written in my complaint, but I suppose some people write short explanations and then extrapolate in the interview.  I, on the other hand, wrote a huge explanation and then didn't talk so much.

The HR guy was pleasant enough, friendly and fairly easy to talk to.  Also very professional and noncommittal, which of course he must be.  (I wonder whether this kind of thing takes up most of his time as a Human Resources Manager, because if so it must be a terribly tedious job.)  He asked me if I was open to attending mediation, which sort of got my back up because I am really exhausted with people suggesting mediation to me without recognizing that you cannot have successful mediation with a crazy person.  But I told him if it was the best deal he could offer me, I'd take it.  But I hoped he could do better.  He made noncommittal sounds and wrote things in his notebook.

He promised he would get back to me soon with his findings and that was it.  Now my part is over and I wait for the verdict.


*

On another note, BB is finished her chemotherapy and is now in healing mode.  And miraculously feeling well enough that she has decided to get married this summer after all.  I am very happy for her, happy that she is doing so well, and sad for myself that I now foresee a summer of showers, stagettes, pre-parties, parties, after-parties, and so forth.  I do not like these kinds of social obligations and will obviously try to avoid as many of them as possible while trying to remain supportive and blah blah blah.


*



5 comments:

Therese said...

First, congratulations to BB. Don't feel guilted into taking on more than you can for her wedding. Do what you're able and steer her toward other people for what you're not able.
Second, Why does everyone want you to drop this? What personal pain are you causing them by partaking of the structure set in place for just this sort of situation?

mischief said...

First, thank you. Absolutely right. I tend to be an all or nothing kind of girl, but in this case, moderation will be key. I want her to know I'm happy for her and all that good stuff without being drained to a husk.

Second, mediation. Yuck. The union wanted me to do it because it keeps the issue within their jurisdiction of control. They own the mediators, and they like being in charge of things. The school board likes mediation because if mediation can result in some kind of agreement there is no danger of Crazy Sue appealing their decision, going to a higher authority, and costing them a lot of money. I suspect that's the main reason on their part. It's nearly impossible to fire teachers because the union is inexhaustible where it comes to protecting jackasses who do not deserve to keep their jobs.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Happy about BB's recovery, can relate all too well with your impending misery over all the premarital events.

I'm also dismayed that the school isn't taking your complaints as seriously as they should. The woman should be summarily dismissed and if possible, institutionalized. She is dangerous. I do hope for a better resolution than the kaffeklatch called "mediation."

Secret Agent Woman said...

They are dragging the Crazy Sue thing out, aren't they?

I've gotten to a stage where I rarely do things just because I feel obligated.

mischief said...

Susan, I wonder why premaritial events need to be so painful. Why why why? I think Crazy Sue is dangerous too, and I actually feel a little paranoid about her losing her mind and actually trying to hurt me physically. I hope I'm just being dramatic.

SAW, I am definitely going to try and attend as few obligatory parties as possible; I just need to figure out how to balance that with being a good friend. Yes, the Crazy Sue thing feels like it's been going on for years. I anticipate some kind of verdict early this week, but I'm not particularly confident it will be at all conclusive in solving the problem.