Thursday, May 09, 2013

departure gate

The bad news is that Crazy Sue went postal on me again today.  She loudly and falsely accused me of hoarding her "share" of the budget money (a whopping, life changing 88 dollars - she teaches one class) and not allowing her to buy things for her class; it was an awkward and embarrassing scene.

The good news is that she did it at a meeting in front of the entire Fine Arts Department, which finally gives me enough evidence to go forward with a formal complaint as opposed to this touchy-feely mediation crap, which she has been resisting all along, and of which she does not deserve the benefit-of-the-doubt anyway.

I am starting the paperwork.  Now let the system do its job, please.  (Please please please.)



*


The next trip (next March) will be to the Mediterranean Coast; the itinerary includes Milan, Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera, Monaco, French Riviera, Nice, Barcelona, and Madrid.  I am far less apprehensive this time since the last trip was so beautiful.  Now I want to go everywhere, really, everywhere.



*








8 comments:

Brown said...

I think you should start rearranging her things...don't steal them, just move them around.

There's only so much of that a person can take before they really go off the deep end.

Fight crazy with crazy.

Therese said...

I am so glad that we've hit the climax (lets hope) of the Crazy Sue saga. Let the falling actions be full of justice.

And then...wait what? Madrid? What did I miss?

mischief said...

Brown, you are diabolical. Crazy Sue has a terrible case of OCD. When I shared a classroom with her she told me she could not tolerate the red chairs (I had a mix of about half red and half blue) and made me get rid of them so she could replace them with blue ones. She also made me get rid of my desk (brown) so she could find a blue replacement. She's mad, I tell you. If I touch her things she will go berserk, and probably kill me.

Therese, thank you for wishing me a just denouement. I wish for it too, very much. It would be so disappointing at this stage if it wasn't. I think there may be another climactic moment or two before the conclusion because when she finds out I have filed a grievance she might lose her shit. But the ending is definitely coming soon.

And Madrid... yes! I'm going next March! With the same band of merry travellers with whom I went to Italy last month. Colleagues and gentlemen, both. It's the best (only) job perk I have.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

First of all, I LOVE Brown's idea! I love it almost as much as I love that Crazy Sue finally lost it in front of witnesses. That's the best news ever! Please keep us posted. She doesn't deserve mediation, which would only encourage her to put on an act to convince the mediator she is not a wackypack. Justice has been a long time coming, and I hope it sees her going - far, far away, forever.

Your upcoming trip sounds beautiful! I can't wait to hear about it.

Unknown said...

I love the term 'went postal'. I will have to find a way to use it in my life somewhere.

Maybe Crazy Sue will physically 'go postal' and not just loco standing in front of you one day soon.

It's going to feel like a holiday in Madrid the day she packs up her blue desk and leaves, that's for sure.

mischief said...

Haha, I have to admit that there have been times I've wanted to mess with Crazy Sue... but when it comes right down to it, I'm actually a bit frightened of her. Seriously. It's ridiculous because Crazy Sue looks like someones cute if slightly eccentric grandmother. But looks are deceiving.

I hope Crazy Sue gets fired and goes to work at a Post Office. I think that's the best possible ending, and she'd probably like it because not only would there be blue desks at the post office, but she might also get to wear a blue uniform.

Nic said...

Can you come over here too?

mischief said...

That is a very good idea. Will you serve us tea and cake? It always seems so odd to me how close together everything is in Europe when it takes us days just to drive to another province in Canada.