Monday, May 27, 2013

i don't care about clever

Next step.  On Wednesday, the HR guy is coming back to the school to interview my Department Head.  She has witnessed a lot of the Crazy Sue mayhem and the HR guy wants to hear her take on the situation.  I think she is going to lend a lot of credibility to my story and hopefully make it more clear that this is not just a common power struggle but something much bigger.  And I sincerely hope it means there will be a conclusion on Thursday or Friday.

*

I dreamed of my mother and sister last night, of holding onto both of them in fear.  I was aware of my sister being alive, but it did not seem strange.  And my mother was trying to help me feel less frightened by placing ice packs in the small of my back.  I asked her to stop, told her the cold was making me feel worse, but she wouldn't listen because she thought she was helping.



*

6 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I hate cold compresses applied to me anywhere. They do not help. They make me tense up instead.

Maybe your sister is trying to communicate with you. It's as likely as any other explanation, and if so, I'm glad.

I do hope your Department Head will corroborate your version of the Crazy Sue saga because she needs killin', or at least, removing. Good luck with this, finally!

meno said...

I am so awaiting the end of the Crazy Sue saga. Not as much as you are, i know, but i just hate the namby-pamby administrative cowards who have no spine.

mischief said...

Susan, me too. Hate an ice pack! I do, however, enjoy a heating pad. I'm pretty sure the Department Head is going to bring clarity to this situation because she is not one to hold back when something needs saying. And she has been quite vocal in sharing her annoyance with Crazy Sue's behaviour.

Meno, I keep vacillating between feeling confident that anyone in their right mind will understand that Crazy Sue needs to go, and being scared that it will all become tangled up in red tape and fear of the union. I'm definitely looking forward to telling the end of the story, and hoping it comes with a healthy dose of spine.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ugh, ice packs. I've never understood how people find those soothing. Maybe the Crazy Sue thing is like ice to your soul.

Nic said...

It can't be doing either of you any good, all this. They do like to faff around, don't they?

mischief said...

SAW: Ice packs are horrible, aren't they? I like your dream interpretation.

Nic: I know it's not doing me any good, and I can only imagine it makes her uncomfortable too. I guess they are just trying to be thorough, but it frustrates me because it all seems so cut and dried. I want swift justice and instead I'm getting pedantic and repetitive nonsense.