Tuesday, May 21, 2013

chainsaw massacre

Every so often Shawn decides to take up snoring.  It blows my mind that a person who will wake up in the middle of the night because he can hear a tap dripping on another floor of the house is not awakened by the sound of his own snoring, which sounds like someone starting a chainsaw beside my head.  Last night I had a poor sleep in spite of being incredibly tired.

My sleep is also negatively impacted by this situation with Crazy Sue.  I have trouble sleeping when my brain in spinning with worst possible case scenarios, and trying to prepare for them.

Someone (finally) contacted me from Human Resources today.  He says he wants to meet with me on Thursday.  I hope I will be able to sleep again shortly after that, and I hope Shawn will cooperate with my plans.



*

3 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I sympathize. One of the people who comprise the couple in the apartment above mine snores like that every single night. I am an insomniac and on the rare occasions I sleep, a very light one. Every day I mean to get earplugs but forget. It's truly hell.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I've met few men who don' snore on occasion. I'm just thankful when it's light snoring. I had a boyfriend once who was terrifyingly loud. I think we were together so long because I was too sleep deprived to see what a lunatic he was.

mischief said...

Susan, I definitely recommend the earplug solution! I have resorted to them on occasion and they really do help.

SAW, I am a very light sleeper so even soft snoring is troublesome, but the chainsaw kind is really scary. I could become a sleep deprived maniac myself if this continues for long.