Wednesday, May 08, 2013

first responders

The Vancouver Canucks lost their game last night, taking them out of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  The only reason I didn't watch is that I don't care.

In 1989, the last time Winter Prairie won a Stanley Cup, I went to Florida on vacation.  When people asked me where I was from, none of them recognized the name Winter Prairie.  I tried to use the Stanley Cup as a marker, and someone asked me if that was an award for sailing.  I thought how much I would like to live in a place where no one knew about the Stanley Cup.

Every year the Stanley Cup playoffs are a problem for me as I try to schedule my Drama production around hockey games so people will attend the play and actually watch it.  I resent being forced to look at hockey schedules for any reason.

My play goes up next week and I would like to express my gratitude to the Vancouver Canucks for bowing out of the Stanley Cup playoffs this year and not interfering with my little production.  Amen.



*


No comments: