Wednesday, January 28, 2009

you can have it all

I was not productive at work today... but I'm loving the semester break. This morning I snuck out to go and get my passport photo taken. It took the photographer about ten attempts to get a shot of me that met the stupid requirements. The whole thing took almost an hour and by the time I got back it was almost time for lunch. So after about an hour of nothingness, I went out to eat with a couple of girls from work. The afternoon was almost as productive. The good part was that I managed to get some work done on my course and get my participation in the online discussion all caught up.

After work I had a doctor's appointment and Little J was brave enough to actually stay home by herself for an hour while I went. This is something we've been working on with her, trying to rebuild her confidence that was so damaged by the scary things C used to tell her. I am pleased that she's getting more independent and self-assured. In some ways I wonder if parenting someone else's child is easier than parenting your own... because I can be excited for her when she takes steps away from me. Maybe if she was my baby I wouldn't want her to take those steps. Actually, I think I would though. Just that I'd miss her more each time she took another one. Which I do now. On second thought, maybe it's not so different after all.

Two more days until the weekend.


*

No comments: