Saturday, January 03, 2009

crime scene do not cross

Little J told us that C used to hold séances in which she tried to summon spirits and demons to kill my parents. She did this in front of Little J and had her write down notes and transcribes letters she composed to the spirits. The laughable part is that she apparently was particularly fond of imploring for help from the spirit of "Sweeny Todd"; apparently she missed the fact that the story was a work of fiction. What it is that my parents did to deserve C's attempts at black magic is a mystery. Perhaps it was that they gave her money every month to help support her daughter? Or maybe that they took her shopping so she would have clothes to wear and groceries to eat? Maybe, and more likely, it was that they dared to have an upper limit on what they were willing to give.



*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read the entry about people thinking all you have to do with C is love her through it, and it made me want to smack somebody.

And this -- this just makes me boggle. *boggles*

mischief said...

It only gets weirder the more we learn. How this went on for as long as it did is what I find hardest to understand.